Search This Blog

Monday, February 05, 2007

Cinders



In honor of Mr. Cinders:
"My relationship with cats has saved me from a deadly, pervasive ignorance." -William S. Burroughs






"Do you have a cat? Or cats? They sleep baby. They can sleep 20 hours a day and they look beautiful. They know there's nothing to get excited about. The next meal. And a little something to kill now and then. When I'm being torn by forces, I just look at one or more of my cats. There are 9 of them. I just look at one of them sleeping or half-sleeping and I relax." -Charles Bukowski 4/16/92 12:39 a.m.




Couldn't find a good quote but Jack loved his cats!
Cinders came to me on a rainy day in fall. He was hiding from the cruel world on the cold pavement underneath my truck. When I stepped out to go to work he came up to me. He seemed to be asking for help. I sat down and let him warm up on my lap. When I got up the next day he was there again. He eventually came into the house through the dog door. He had a good end to his life. We did not force him to live and die slowly like we do with humans. I said good-bye and went home without him. This was very hard but it reminded me to take more time with the people (and animals) that I love. Life is not about quantity it is about quality. Cinders added a certain quality to this life.

No comments: